• May 19Final Issue of Rattler to come next week

• December 9PRINT ISSUES ARE IN ROOM 404

The student news site of Serrano High School

The Rattler

Filed under Features, Showcase

Mourners urge others to “Do it for Dillon”

Dillon+Adams+with+his+family+on+Thanksgiving+in+2014.+
Dillon Adams with his family on Thanksgiving in 2014.

Dillon Adams will always be remembered for who he was, and for the impact he left behind. His life was cut too short on Friday, March 25, 2016 due to a fatal car accident two days before.

Dillon’s mother, Angela Adams describes him as an extraordinary person because “he was unusual, yet remarkable with all kinds of things in life.” She said one thing that stood out about him was, “his determination” to get what he wanted or get it his way.

One thing Angela will always remember about her son is “his handsome face.”

Ainslee Adams (10) was one of Dillon’s younger siblings. She says Dillon was protective over her, and her other siblings too. She describes him as not only her brother, but best friend too.

“Dillon always said that I was ignorant, and would always call me a brat, but in the end it always worked out.” Ainslee can remember him being mad at her because of her attitude, but the second she was upset, his big brother instincts took over. “Dillon taught me to stand up for myself, regardless of the situation.”

image01

Dillon Adams, and close friend Chase Hansen at the Reigns Hockey game.

Rylee Adams, a 7th grader at Pinon Mesa, Dillon’s youngest sister, says one thing that stood out most about about Dillon was “his stubbornness, and determination.” “He was always so protective over us,” she says. He was also very hard-working along with the stubbornness.

Rylee says Dillon might have picked on her a lot, but that’s what she misses most about her big brother.

“Dillon was so good to his friends, everyone loved him,”  according to Rylee.

Austin Adams, a 4th grader at Wrightwood Elementary, Dillon’s only brother, and youngest sibling says, he will always remember how much Dillon loved him, and how much he taught him.

Austin admitted that Dillon was a good big brother, and his best friend. “Dillon taught me how to play baseball” Austin says.

Jonah Haskell (10) remembers Dillon as a “bad***” because of how well of a skater he was. He says “everything [Dillon] tried, he accomplished.”

Jonah says “whenever I would show up to the skate park I always counted on Dillon being there. “He always greeted me,” and says “when I needed help, I knew I could always go to him. He always knew what to say.”

Dillon Adams prior to going to his 8th grade Valentines dance

Jonah describes him as a “great mentor, and a great leader,” who “also had really good people skills.” He says “If I could, I would do anything to talk to him right now,” and he talks about how much he misses his friend.

As a student, Mr. Hansen describes him as not being the most productive student. “He just was not interested” Mr. Hansen admitted. On the other hand, Hansen describes Dillon as a “freethinker” who had “great ambition with interests” and “Goals in life.”

Mrs. Hansen, one of the Assistant Principals at Serrano, says she remembers Dillon as being one of her son’s best friends. She says the death of Dillon left an impact on her, and especially her son. “He was quiet, he was really quiet” she says, but that Dillon, and Chase were always out doing fun things, so he was never really around the house, and if he were, it was briefly.

From us to you:

• “I love you Dillon. Everything I do, I do for you, and I want to make you proud. We might not have been with each other for as long as I had hoped for, but you taught me more in those short 14 years, then I will ever learn without you. Not a day goes by that I don’t think about you. I miss you, but I know you’re always watching down over me.”  – Ainslee Adams (10)
  • “I miss you D so much. You were my Wrightwood brother, and one of my best friends ever since I could imagine. I am happy to know you’re in a better place. I cannot wait to see you soon, so we can make many more memories, like we already have. I love you dude.” – Chase Hansen (12)
  • “Even though we fought a lot, and you picked on me, I always looked up to you. You were a really good big brother, you would always protect me.” – Rylee Adams
  • “I miss you, and I love you DD. You’re the reason I’m the baseball player I am. You were the best big brother ever.” – Austin Adams
  • “Dear Dillon, Words cannot describe the pain that I have in my heart, and how I miss you Rylee, Austin, and everyone you left behind, but I know that you are at peace, and happy in heaven. Our little Adams family will never be the same, but I promise to be the best mom I can be so that you will be proud of us. As we make decisions in our family, we will do things the way you would want us to. Please watch over us, and thank you for having such amazing friends to be here for us. You will always be my “little love bug,” and I love you to the moon, stars, and heaven. I cannot wait to see you again, Dillon. Love, mom.” -Angela Adams

“Dillon’s favorite artist, Wiz Khalifa, sent his condolences after his death. Dillon might not have lived to see a miracle, but a miracle lived to see him.”

• “I will live life as you wished to live life, carefree, and to the fullest, and I will watch over your family until the day I die.” -Tyler Bisson (Former Serrano Student)
  • “I miss the small chats that we would have, when we somehow always ended up getting gas at the same exact time. I also want you to know that your friends have taken such good care of your family, you would be so proud.” – Samantha Hawkey (Family friend)
  • “I miss you like crazy.” – Justin Felgar (Close friend)
  • “I love you. Don’t party too hard up there without me.” -Casey Felgar (Close friend)
  • “I miss you like crazy bud, I love you D and i know that you’re in a better place, keep shredding it up in heaven.” – Jonah Haskell (10)
  • “I miss you so much, Dillon. The neighborhood just isn’t the same without you. Every time I drive by the tree house that you, Chase, and I built when we were kids, I can’t help, but think of all our great memories. I can’t wait to see you again. I love you bro.” – Logan West (11)
  • “I miss you alot, and not a day goes by that I don’t think about you. You were truly one of my best homies.” – Sage Lenau (Excelsior Graduate)
  • “Our time together was too short, but a beautiful soul like yours is needed elsewhere. I miss you dearly, and there is nothing I wouldn’t give to give you one last hug again. I love you brother. You are truly a blessing to everyone that was blessed to know you. I am sad you’re gone, and not a day goes by that you aren’t thought of or loved. I know one day you’ll be together with your family, and friends again, but until then, Dillon continue watching over us, and we will continue to remember, and love you forever.” Jacob Madrigal (Close friend)
  • “You are one of the best friends I could have ever had. I knew I could come to you with anything, and I would not get judged. You are a wonderful person, inside, and out. I miss partying with you, and all the fun times we had. I love, and miss you with all my heart. There is not a day that goes by, that I do not think of you.” – Billy Bohannon (12)
  • “D I hope you are tearing on your skateboard still, and I cannot wait to see you again. Love you.” -Dylan Paterson (Former Serrano Student)
  • “Baby D Adams, you provided so many people, including myself, with amazing, unforgettable memories. You were always up for an adventure and I admire that. You’re such a chill kid with also a sweet, and loving heart. I love you D! Some of my most memorable times were with you. Thank you so much for the memories. Your sense of adventure, and genuine heart is irreplaceable.” – Ruby Laski (11)
  • “I miss you, and I think about you everyday. You made such an impact on more lives than you could have ever thought. You always told me you wanted to make a difference and mean something, and it is clear to see you accomplished that. I cannot wait to watch the stars with you again.” -Cierra Fletcher (11)
  • “I miss you. You were a super chill friend. You were just so good at skating it wasn’t even funny.” -Chad Russell (12)
  • “I miss you, and I cannot wait until the day you teach me how to snowboard.” -Cayce Kuberry(11)
  • “I know it’s been awhile since I’ve seen you, and it’s going to be a little while longer, but I can’t wait till we kick it again. Miss you every single day D.” -Nikki Lowthers (11)
  • “I miss you, you never get over losing a brother, but you do feel better knowing that he is flying high in a beautiful place. You influenced me to skate and pushed me to do better. He was good at anything he put his mind too. We will always miss you everyday big hommie but don’t worry I’ll make sure this life is buck enough for the both of us. ” -Cam Jensen (Close Friend)