• May 19Final Issue of Rattler to come next week

• December 9PRINT ISSUES ARE IN ROOM 404

The student news site of Serrano High School

The Rattler

Wrapping up the 2016-2017 school year

Jessie Way at the school, in the quad. (Nick Martinez)

It is coming to an end of another school year. This time of year is many students’ favorite time of year, and a sad time for some as well. The end of the school year means the seniors are leaving. The class of 2017’s high school days are nearly concluded.
Some of the seniors will be venturing off into the real world shortly after graduating, forcing them to say goodbye to old friends.
Last April, Kelly Hanna, one of the graduating seniors, said she expects the last couple months to be “the best with prom and graduation coming up.” Her most immediate goal is to “graduate, and figure out [her] plan for the future.” She reflected that this is not how she expected high school to be. Instead, she anticipated it would be extremely scary, and intimidating, but says that “it’s better than I expected.” Hanna also states how her high school experience has been a great experience due to the many amazing friends she has met along the way.

Ainslee Adams, and Regan Brady at one of the varsity baseball games this year.

Prom is what Hanna was most excited about. due to the fact that she has been envisioning the perfect prom ever since she was little.
According to many students, the high school experience is determined by the student. It often requires an ability to deal with the unexpected.
Jessie Way, a junior, says high school is not what she thought it would have been when she first started here. She says the shift from being homeschooled to enrollment in high school was not as bad as she thought it would be.

Jessie says, she didn’t think she’d “develop the ability to communicate with others,” and that “going into sophomore year was definitely a social shock because [she] has never seen different groups on campus.” “For the rest of high school, I hope to develop more connections,” says Jessie.
Jessie also advises students that, “high school goes by fast. Take smart chances, and remember that these are the best years of your life.”
Ainslee Adams, a sophomore says, since her freshman year, she has changed a lot, saying she is “a lot more adventurous, and reckless.” She also says, she has “become more talkative than [she] was.”
Ainslee says with the seniors leaving next year, she will miss them, and she does not think it will be the same without the seniors.
Regan Brady, a junior says her goal for the rest of high school is to “make the most of it, and look back on it, and just remember happiness.”

Kelly Hanna, and Sam Cantaderio, in their senior graduation gowns. (Kelly Hanna)

Looking back from her freshman year to almost being a senior, she says high school is not how she thought it would be. She says “some days are way worse, while some days are better than imagined.” “I’m devastated the seniors are leaving. Almost all of my friends are seniors,” says Regan Brady, when asked about the seniors leaving.
High school is really the start of the rest of your life. Being a senior, and graduating this year, I can honestly say, high school has helped make me the person I am. I will miss high school, and the great people I met within my four years here. I would not have wanted my high school to go any other way.